Filed my taxes this morning. NGL: 2011 was a good year. My accountant even remarked, “Wow. It looks like you’ve been working a lot.”
Why yes, I have. Here’s what she was able to write off for me:
- Home office and utilities.1
- My iPhone 4
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- Gas, oil changes, new tires, car registration, and auto repairs.
- My therapy bills… No one said being a PA was easy.
- My contributions to the Over-Priced Film School’s Alumni Association.
- My Lynda subscription.
- Netflix, movie tickets, and plays I saw last year.
- My trip to Sundance
- What I paid her last year to do my 2010 taxes
- My web sites.
I thought I’d pass that info along, in case you guys were going in to see your own accountants soon.
- Not the whole thing, of course, but a decent percentage↩