Congratulations to Barrack Hussein Obama! Hopefully the Firefox spell checker will learn our new president’s name, soon.
Well, at least chickens can turn around.
A friend of mine voted on the beach. Don’t you wish you lived in Los Angeles? (Except for you, Shawn.)
And now, the answers to Monday’s quiz:
- Democracy is the worst form of government except all the others.
- I’d rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory than to the faculty of Harvard University.
William F. Buckley, Jr.
- Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
- History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
- Humor is reason gone mad.
- The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money.
Alexis de Tocqueville
- Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty.
- We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
- A politician looks forward only to the next election. A statesman looks forward to the next generation.
- Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem.
- A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.
John F. Kennedy
- A free society is a place where it’s safe to be unpopular.
- Insanity in individuals is something rare – but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.
- The layman’s constitutional view is that what he likes is constitutional and that which he doesn’t like is unconstitutional.
- The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
Herny Ward Beecher
Name the five members of the Simpsons’ family— Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie.
Now name the five rights guaranteed by the first amendment— DMSchulman was right. Freedom of religion, speech, and press, the right to assembly, and, the one no one remembers, the right to appeal to the government.
Now try to justify why your vote should count as much as mine— Because Chief Justice Earl Warren said, “Legislators represent people, not trees or acres. Legislators are elected by voters, not farms or cities or economic interests.”
Learn something new from this blog every day, don’t ya?