Hugo over at Polymathic Writings tagged me with a Halloween-y meme: List your top 10 selections and reasons for the selections.
So, here goes, in no particular order–
- Halloween. Duh. Because it’s pants-shittingly terrifying. And don’t tell me it doesn’t hold up. Turn off the lights and watch it by yourself at night. I piss myself as soon as the light gets blown out in the pumpkin.
- Quarantine. Today, I watched it in a theater by myself. Not just that I went to the movies alone (which is sad), but no one else was in the theater. I sat in the back and kept checking the doors for any movement.
- The Blair Witch Project. Very subtly creepy throughout, and the ending is haunting.
- Seven. Deeply disturbing. I can’t watch it enough.
- Versus. Kung fu zombies with guns.
- The Ravenholm Level of Half-Life 2. Have you played this game? Just about the scariest zombies I’ve ever seen.
- 28 Days Later. Except for these zombies.
- The Thing. Psychologically damaging and just plain gross. A perfect combination.
- The Exorcist. The best depiction of the Catholic faith in any movie. And the girl spits on a priest. Awesome.
- Alien. Just, Alien.
Happy Halloween, everyone!