Hey, see that Amazon box up there? If you click on that before buying something, you’ll help support TAPA, and in return, I’ll keep providing the joblist. It doesn’t cost you anything. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
The BGB Studio in North Hollywood, CA is currently seeking hard working, committed, and self-motivated interns for a 4 month internship (or are returning to school in the fall in LA).
This is not a casting internship, but rather on the acting studio side of The BGB Studio. The BGB Studio is run by Risa Bramon Garcia (casting director/director/producer/teacher) and Steve Braun (teacher/coach/actor). Communication skills are essential, along with pro-active spirit. Social media, marketing, technology know-how, and other studio tasks are the focus of this internship. Being a self-starter is must. Applicant should be able to commit for a minimum of 15 hours a week between 9a-5p (M-F), for a minimum of 4 months. College credit is available if desired.
Internship will provide student with valuable experience and organizational skills on how a small business operates, as well as tools needed for an array of projects and tasks. Student will learn how to thrive in a fast paced environment surrounded by artistic thinkers.
All serious inquiries, EMAIL ONLY, with the subject heading “BGB Intern” to email@example.com Please include your bio, resume, areas of expertise or major. Let us know why you think you’d be a great candidate for this position. Above all, we are looking for individuals who are committed and serious about working in the entertainment business and want to grow and learn as professionals. 7/2
* * *
An award-winning, next gen production company is looking for an all star intern for a new electronic dance music series. Interns interested in learning more about production and post production are encouraged to apply. Knowledge of Adobe Premiere is a plus, but not required. Applicants must be available 2-3 days per week from the end of July and through the end of the year. If you are a student looking to receive school credit, please indicate so in your cover letter. Interns must be have their own laptop, preferably a mac. Passion for electronic dance music is a huge plus. This is an unpaid internship. Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. 7/2
* * *
Reliable, hardworking and very detail oriented 2nd Assistant/ On set P.A. to writing/ directing/ producing team in LA to start immediately through the end of shooting (November/ December) with a possibility of continuing on after this year. Responsibilities include running errands, coordination between creative team and crew, event planning, and research. Must be very organized, professional and have a positive “all hands on deck” attitude to tackle both personal and industry related tasks with equal enthusiasm and discretion. Willingness to work long production schedule hours (12 hour days during shoot weeks) is a must. Clean driving record, valid driver’s license and reliable car as well as strong computer skills on basic applications for MAC (pages, excel etc.) are required. Current assistant is being promoted – this is an awesome opportunity for someone who wants to work hard and be rewarded for a job well done. Please send resume and cover letter to Filmtvassistant2014@gmail.com. 7/1
* * *
Our established talent agency is looking for a passionate and hard-working full-time assistant for one of our theatrical and literary agents in Los Angeles. Position is Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 7:00pm. Candidates must be organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Must be able to multi-task, handle a heavy volume of calls, coordinate client meetings, enter bookings, and anything else necessary to ensure that the office is running smoothly. There is moderate to heavy reading involved and some coverage will be expected. Looking for someone with a strong story critiquing skills. This position is an excellent opportunity for anyone who wants to be an agent, as there is a great deal to learn. All those submitting their resume must have previous desk experience at an agency, management, casting office or studio. Candidates need to be meticulous, driven and willing to work very hard with excellent phone and people skills. Please send cover letter and resume to LAagencyasst2015@gmail.com 6/15
* * *
* * *
Assistant – Talent Public Relations – Hollywood, CA
ID, the leading independently-owned entertainment public relations and brand communications agency, seeks an exceptional individuals to join its innovative teams on groundbreaking work for the world’s most influential actors, films, filmmakers, musicians, brands, technology leaders and corporations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of an influential publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist.
Specific responsibilities include:
- § Work on press pitches, research projects and memos.
- § Service clients with digital breaks
- § Answer phones promptly and professionally
- § Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- § Process client requests in a timely manner
- § Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with assigned press, executives, talent and reps.
- § Participate in brainstorming meetings.
- § Be able to identify and develop publicity opportunities.
- § Create and maintain various schedules, calendars and reports in support of Account Executives and teams
- § Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training – when approved
- § Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- § Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- § Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- § Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- § Coordinate mailings with team members in advance
- § BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- § Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- § Must have at least one solid year of full-time work experience at a talent/management or PR agency
- § Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- § Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- § Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- § Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- § Strong attention to detail
- § Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- § Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude is a must
Please submit resumes and cover letters via email to email@example.com. 6/9
* * *
LA-based production company seeking smart, highly competent executive assistant with a can-do attitude and passion for reality television. Position is entry level and full time. Duties include heavy scheduling, rolling calls, managing high call volume, assisting development team, booking executive travel, and coordinating with all members of production team. Opportunities for creative input! Previous assistant or agency experience preferred but the right attitude is more important. Looking to interview immediately with start date end of June/beginning of July. Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org 6/8
* * *
PUBLICITY COORDINATOR, CBS TELEVISION DISTRIBUTION
POSITION SUMMARY: Opening for Publicity Coordinator, reporting to the Vice President of Communication.
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum of 2-3 years prior experience working in television publicity (syndicated, cable, network). Familiarity with print, broadcast and online press outlets and strong understanding of photography and video clips. Knowledge of media on set and grasp of television production essential.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The position will work closely with the VP in the publicity of a daily syndicated talk show and is also responsible for general administrative duties, reviewing and pulling press clippings, travel and travel itineraries, award submissions, maintaining press contact lists and press release distribution, invoice processing, expense reports and any other day to day activities. Must have the ability to multitask, handle a fast-paced office and liaise with other departments. Candidate must also have very strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication, great phone etiquette and be comfortable working with press and talent.
COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED: Strong PC skills (Word and Excel).
Submissions to: CTDPRCoordinator@gmail.com 6/8
* * *
BUSINESS & LEGAL AFFAIRS ASSISTANT, ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Beverly Hills-based motion picture production and sales company is seeking a highly-motived individual for the Assistant position within our Business & Legal Affairs Department. We are a small company with a great opportunity for the right person. Generous benefits package included. Previous legal experience in the entertainment industry is required.
- · Manage all legal delivery to domestic and foreign distributors, including approving marketing materials per contractual credit obligations, and coordinating with physical production department to ensure timely submission of all deliverables.
- · Create above-the-line summaries. Draft main titles and paid ads credit statements, as well as merchandising restrictions, talent publicity travel, dubbing and cutting rights summaries.
- · Establish corporate and single production entities, obtain FEINs, and manage annual filings in multiple states.
- · Maintain chain-of-title records, track option/rights expiration dates, compile financial obligations for active development projects, and process all writer and option payments.
- · Draft and submit copyright recordations/registrations for short-form rights agreements, screenplays, and motion pictures.
- · Manage music publishing entities with ASCAP, BMI, and The Harry Fox Agency, including submission of music cue sheets for each completed motion picture.
- · Coordinate execution and distribution of international sales, development, production, and post-production agreements on behalf of the SVP of Business & Legal Affairs and the EVP of International.
- · Maintain an up-to-date database of electronic and hard files and be able to quickly access, review and summarize contracts for attorney.
- · Coordinate with guilds on development slate and manage signatory process for productions.
- · Obtain quote information for above-the-line talent and crew, and disseminate quotes for all talent and department heads
- · Possess excellent oral and written communication, in addition to presentation and interpersonal skills indicative of an ability to interface effectively with colleagues, management, outside counsel and other third parties.
- · Possess advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe Acrobat.
Please submit resumes to email@example.com for consideration. 5/28