Hey, see that Amazon box up there? If you click on that before buying something, you’ll help support TAPA, and in return, I’ll keep providing the joblist. It doesn’t cost you anything. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
The Owner/President of a busy concert production company seeks a qualified Executive Assistant to join his team. This is an active position in the Music Industry and is also an amazing opportunity to become a part of a small and close-knit team. We are looking for someone that can take command of the position as well as continue to learn so that we can offer you more.
This position is split between office responsibilities and Executive support for the President of the company.
This is a full-time position that pays $17.00 per hour to start
Ability to work during the business hours of 9:00am – 7:00pm, although the position’s hours are from 10:00AM to 6:30PM Monday through Friday.
- Perform daily opening and closing routines for the office, per the President’s specifications.
- General reception and clerical duties such as answering phones, greeting clients in a friendly and professional manner, photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
- Support the President by managing his calendar and personal affairs (with the thought as if they were your own needs, go the extra mile).
- Negotiate rates with company vendors.
- Company event coordination such as weekly lunches, employee birthdays, and holiday parties.
- Office and building facilities management.
- Data entry that pertains to daily bookkeeping (AP & AR) and bank deposits.
- Invoice processing.
- Create expense reports for various jobs.
- Provide and manage time keeping records
- Work closely and coordinate with the Operations Manager while providing administrative support.
- Light HR tasks such as, New Hire processing and administrative disciplinary actions.
- Run personal and general office errands several times a week.
- In-depth research for business and personal matters.
- Order and control inventory of all office supplies and equipment through selected vendors.
- Maintain the company filing system.
- Arrange, book and organize complex travel.
- Minimum two to four years of verifiable office administrative experience.
- Associates or Bachelors degree pertinent to office administration.
- Mastery of the English language, both written and verbal for business correspondences and communicating with clients.
- Basic Quickbooks knowledge.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office. (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Basic IT knowledge and troubleshooting skills for PC platforms.
- Able to receive and execute instruction as precisely as it is offered by the President.
- Can work independently with little instruction as well as manage time efficiently.
- Extremely detailed oriented and understands the value of precision.
- Cost conscious.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and clean a driving history.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed, which may include weekends.
Please respond with an email that includes a brief cover letter that introduces yourself and describes why you believe you’ll fit into this position, salary history, three or more references, and what date you are able to start. Attach your resume as a Microsoft word document.
We are looking for the right person who will be the perfect fit here and who can make a long term commitment to the company.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email all to email@example.com 9/1
* * *
General Posting: Circle of Confusion is looking for driven, organized interns who are seeking careers in the entertainment business to work in the Los Angeles office two or three days a week for the Fall 2015 semester. Interns will be exposed to industry practices that go into developing, producing and casting films, TV and theater. More specifically, interns will be involved in reading scripts, writing coverage, conducting industry-related research, answering phones, taking on general office work and assisting with special projects which can include editing video for reels and creating web pages. Interns will have the opportunity to sit down with managers, ask questions and ultimately, through the course of the internship, learn what it means to be on the business side of entertainment. As an intern, you must be able to receive credit for the internship.
Circle of Confusion is a literary and talent management and production company. We represent high profile actors, directors and writers as well as produce award-winning television programs and films. Circle is an innovative and growing company, whose unique brand continues to establish it as a powerful force in the entertainment industry. You can visit our website at www.circleofconfusion.com.
Skills Required: All applicants must be eligible to receive credit. Applicants should be highly driven, self-motivated individuals looking to immerse themselves in a management and production environment. Up-beat, friendly, positive attitudes are a MUST.
All Interns must have reliable car, current insurance and good driving record.
Responsibilities: Administrative tasks (copies, scanning, faxing, filing, creating/updating binders and Excel spreadsheets); Cover phones and fill in for Assistants and Front Desk when necessary; Assist Managers and Assistants with special projects; Research for various projects; Development material coverage (scripts, books, and treatments) and casting breakdowns; DVD Replication and Logging (burning, converting, dubbing, labeling and organizing); Assist with office runs – deliveries and pickups.
Contact: Email resume and cover letters to internship@circleofconfusion. com 9/1
* * *
A boutique talent management company in New York with high-profile acting clientele, seeks assistant to help office. Applicants should know industry names and players, have experience managing a heavy workload and be able to multi-task with demanding tasks. Must have editing experience and feel comfortable reading/taping with clients.This position requires highly motivated, results driven, detail oriented self starters who thrive in fast paced environments. A minimum of one year experience at a talent agency or management company is a priority.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org 8/25
* * *
PERSONAL ASSISTANT POSITION
Looking for a personal assistant to a very busy actress and her equally busy family (also in entertainment). Ideal candidate is a “Jack/Jill of all trades with a no-task-is-too-small attitude.” Duties include house management, personal shopping, scheduling appointments, organizing projects, booking travel, and other personal tasks. He or she will work primarily out of a busy office, also splitting time between the family’s home and running errands. Applicants should be energetic, thoughtful, great communicators, highly organized, and must also enjoy kids. Prior experience in production or at a production company preferred. Salary is negotiable based on experience. The company offers full health benefits and partial cell/data and mileage reimbursement. We are looking to fill this position immediately. If interested please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com 8/25
* * *
Executive Assistant /Project Coordinator
Executive Assistant /Project Coordinator wanted for boutique Public Relations and marketing firm specializing in film, TV and videogame music. Our clients have won Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, Tonys, Golden Globes and more. Ideal candidate must have strong organizational and administrative skills, ability to multi-task, able to coordinate events, interviews, schedules, etc. Responsibilities include: administrative support, scheduling business and personal calendar, invoices and expenses, updating social media, coordinating media interviews and communicating directly with studio executives, agents, clients and media. Past experience at a public relations firm, agency or management company preferred. Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or English degree required. Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook and Excel a must. Knowledge of any of the following a plus: ACT!, Cision, and/or Quickbooks. Office is on Sunset Blvd, in West Hollywood.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator’ to be considered. 8/24
* * *
West Hollywood Talent/Literary management company, Media Talent Group, is seeking fall development interns. Applicant must have experience reading scripts and writing coverage. Knowledge of phones also essential. Some administrative tasks will be required as needed. This is an unpaid position, but can provide college credit. Applicants must also have a reliable car. If interested, please send resumes to: email@example.com 8/24
* * *
Jr. Publicist – Costa Communications, Inc.-West Hollywood, CA
Costa Communications, Inc, a boutique entertainment public relations and marketing firm, is looking to add a Jr. Publicist to the team. The ideal candidate would be enthusiastic, creative and an excellent writer. The Jr. Publicist will work directly with the Senior Publicist on key accounts. The Jr. Publicist must exhibit a solid understanding of the public relations fundamentals, with an eagerness to learn more and grow professionally. Must have an enthusiasm for pitching/securing placements and networking.
- Writing multiple press materials including press releases, bios, event invitations and more
- Pitching media and securing press/interviews
- Coordinating multiple client schedules and project timelines simultaneously
- Act as liaison between Costa Communications and studios, record labels clients, clients, and client representatives
- Coordinating events, screenings, and panels
- Covering red carpets
- Assist in new business proposals/plans
- Coordinate with project manager on PR plans, media lists, status reports and other day-to-day client necessities
- Strong, succinct communication skills
- Great communicator, both written and verbal
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Ability to work proactively and multi-task
- Works efficiently and has exceptional ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Social media savvy
Experience: At least 1 year of related experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Jr. Publicist’ to be considered. 8/24
* * *
High profile TV & Film Production Company seeks detail-oriented, self-motivated assistant to provide executive and administrative support to the Head of Development. Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize is a MUST. A thick-skin is essential. Duties include managing high volume of calls and scheduling, maintaining submission and development grids, in addition to heavy reading and script coverage. Candidates should have a minimum of 1 year Admin experience in an Agency/Network/Studio/Prod.Co setting. Growth potential for the right person looking to get exposure and experience in multi faceted company owned by major A-list talent. Looking to hire ASAP, please email resumes and cover letters to JLasst1@gmail.com 8/21
* * *
Assistant, Starz Originals Production
Primary Responsibility: Responsible for the day-to-day administrative duties for the Vice President (VP) of Production, with additional administrative support to the Director of Production and the Director of Original Programming as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- General assistant duties including answering phones & rolling calls, scheduling and setting up conference calls, copying, printing, compiling documents, creating binders, creating and distributing agendas and itineraries, sending and receiving mail and faxes, ordering supplies maintaining organization and filing systems & tracking grids, etc.
- Manage task lists and phone sheets.
- Manage calendar, scheduling meetings and maintaining contacts using Outlook.
- Manage high volume of domestic and international production related travel arrangements for employees and talent associated with Starz Original Series.
- Prepare expense reports, code, scan, reconcile and submit any other relevant documentation for corporate submission.
- Manage communication with internal and external contacts including, internal staff and management, agents, studio executives, Executive Producers, creative talent, etc.
- Manage the internal distribution and organization of production documents for Starz Original Series.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred; Minimum one year of previous administrative experience required; And/or training; And/or a combination of education and experience.
- Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Acrobat, iTunes, and FileMaker software and Project software applications.
- Technology savvy with the ability to problem solve issues with PCs, Macs, iPhones and iPads.
- Interest in or passion for physical production is a plus.
- Knowledge of video compression, codecs and conversion is a plus.
- Understanding of agencies and film and/or television production a plus.
To apply go to https://starzcareers.silkroad.com/ 8/21
* * *
Nu Image / Millennium Films is currently seeking candidates interested in an internship position with the International Sales and Distribution team for the spring semester (August – December).
– Administrative tasks
– Logistics for markets and film festivals (ex. European Film Market in Berlin, the Cannes Film Festival in France, Toronto Film Festival in Canada)
– Assisting the International Sales & Distribution coordinator in upkeep of films available per territory
– Maintaining sales charts and databases
– Market research and box office tracking
– Covering scripts
Must have intimate knowledge of Microsoft office suite, Filmtrack experience a plus but not required. Must be available at least 2-3 days per week. Great opportunity for someone who wants to learn the backbone of the independent film business and how films get made. This is an unpaid position, and School credit is mandatory and will be provided.
Nu Image / Millennium Films is a full service independent film production studio; we do everything from development, to production, finance, sales and distribution.
Second cover letter and resume to email@example.com. 8/15
* * *
Full and Part-Time Interns Wanted for Entertainment PR Firm
Boutique Public Relations and marketing firm specializing in film, TV and videogame music looking for full and part-time interns to start immediately. The internship will provide the right person with hands-on experience not afforded in most internships. Our award-winning PR firm has successfully campaigned for Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, Tonys, Golden Globes, and more. The Intern duties will consist of following up on press secured, assembling press materials, proof-reading, updating social media, potentially pitching our clients, event coordination and more. A strong work ethic, professional etiquette, and the ability to work under deadlines is required.
For college credit only. Please respond with cover letter and resume for consideration sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. 8/15
* * *
Leading photography agency located in Los Angeles is looking an Executive Assistant. We are looking for a creative, innovative, and detail oriented assistant. There is a lot of room for growth within this position. If you’re interested please send your resume and cover letter to Kyley at Kyley@opusreps.com
OPUS Reps (OPUS Photo), founded in 2005 by Bobby Heller, is an innovative artist management and production company with a diverse roster of talent, recognized for its progressive fashion, editorial, music, celebrity, and advertising clients. OPUS Reps has become one of the premier agencies for leading talent within the fashion industry. 8/4
Executive Assistant Duties:
- Executive Assistant to the Owner/Agent
- General administrative duties including: scheduling meetings, managing calendars, booking travel arrangements, receptionist duties, and many other tasks.
- Manage a flow of daily emails, phone calls, and correspond to each accordingly.
- Assist agents with productions
- Coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Act as an information hub inter and intra departmental communication
- Handle sensitive information with sound judgment and utmost discretion
- Organize and populate client database
- Social Media Coordinator
- Manage and develop client relationships.
- Serve as a liaison between clients and photographers
- Foster company business growth by developing new business leads and strategies
- Assist with Production Coordination
- Maintain and update OPUS’ website
- Manage and maintain office supplies
- Ambitious and results-oriented individual
- Strong communication skills
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative and flexible
- Strong understanding of social networking including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr
- Background in Marketing, Communication, Entertainment, Artist management or other related disciplines
* * *
Di Bonaventura Pictures seeks smart, motivated, and detail-oriented interns for its fall semester 2015 film development internship. Based on the Paramount Studios lot in Hollywood, we are a film and television production company responsible for film franchises including TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE, SALT, and RED.
Intern responsibilities will include reading and evaluating scripts, books, and article submissions; tracking international film and book markets; perusing magazines, blogs and other periodicals for movie ideas; assisting on writer/director/actor lists; general project research; and answering phones as needed. This position is unpaid and candidates must be eligible to receive college credit. A commitment of two or three full days per week is required.
Please send your resume and cover letter as PDF files to email@example.com. 7/29