Hey, see that Amazon box up there? If you click on that before buying something, you’ll help support TAPA, and in return, I’ll keep providing the joblist. It doesn’t cost you anything. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
Busy executive producer seeks full-time Production Assistant/Creative who is looking for hands-on experience in development and production. Duties will include but are not limited to personal and professional errands, reading and covering scripts, production runs and participating in development. Candidates should have a strong work-ethic, pleasant demeanor, thick skin, great follow up skills, be detail oriented, thrive in a quick-paced environment, and exceptional communication and writing skills. This is a great opportunity for a motivated professional looking for a position with growth. A strong interest in development and producing is preferred. Confidentiality is a must. Position starts immediately. Email resume and cover letters to: Assistant2EP@gmail.com 2/6
* * *
Delirio Films is hiring a full time associate producer who is a self-starter and works well under pressure. Hands-on production experience a plus, though not necessary. Must be detail oriented, highly motivated and extremely well organized. Must also have great interpersonal skills. We have a fun, highly-creative, collaborative team and are only interested in those who are eager to learn and willing to work hard.
email: email@example.com 2/6
* * *
Timeline PR is seeking a full time talent account coordinator. Job requires occasional after-hours and weekend work with clients. Some responsibilities include: managing schedules for clients and publicist, answering phones, servicing publicity breaks for clients, coordinating all travel, hair, and make-up, and maintaining press kits. Ideal candidate has a minimum of 1 year experience in Public Relations. Looking to hire immediately.
Please send resumes to Alexis@timelinepr.com 2/6
* * *
Leading Virtual Reality production company seeks a reliable, detail-oriented Production Assistant to join us in the Camera Department.
– assisting with the servicing, testing, and prepping of our camera packages
– helping source and purchase new equipment for shoots
– coordinating equipment check-out with production crews
– troubleshooting equipment / answering technical questions
– maintaining and updating VR headsets
– managing and tracking inventory
Ideal candidate is personable, professional and able to communicate clearly and effectively. Interest and aptitude for innovative camera equipment / systems is essential. Experience working for a camera house preferred. Please send cover letter + resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 2/2
* * *
International Development/Sales Internship – XYZ Films
XYZ Films is looking for enthusiastic and motivated interns to start as soon as possible for the Spring semester.
Located in Culver City, XYZ is responsible for developing, producing and selling some of today’s best international genre titles.
Internship duties include, but are not limited to, script coverage, office administration, project research, assisting with distributor screenings, participating in periodic sales/acquisitions meetings, etc.
XYZ is the right company if you are looking for …
- Hands-on experience
- Critically acclaimed and high quality productions
- Exposure to international business
- An intellectually stimulating environment
- Personal laptop
- PC, MS Office Suite 2010 proficiency
- Two days minimum (typical hours: 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.)
- Four – Six month commitmen• Reliable form of transportation for occasional office errands
This internship is unpaid, but school credit is available. Send cover letter and resume to – email@example.com. 1/23
* * *
Oscar nominated Production Company Red Granite Pictures (The Wolf of Wall Street, Daddy’s Home) is looking for interns for the Spring semester 2016. All applicants must be eligible to receive school credit, and should not be holding any other positions (paid or unpaid) at any other entertainment/media company. Duties include reading scripts, writing coverage, conducting industry-related research, answering phones, taking on general office work and assisting with special projects. You will be working directly for the creative executive and the office coordinator. Ability to work independently and under a timeline a must. Good way into the film business. Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org 1/23
* * *
JUNIOR LAWYER OR PARALEGAL NEEDED. Small busy L.A. entertainment law firm with focus on motion picture production legal, development legal and distribution legal seeks a CA lawyer with 1 – 2+ years of motion picture or TV contract drafting and negotiating experience or a paralegal with 2+ years of experience in motion picture or TV contract drafting. Salary is $60,000 per year plus health insurance. Only those who are highly organized, detail-oriented, like a fast-paced job and have strong strategic thinking skills should apply. Can involve working from your own home or from the home office of the founding lawyer. Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. 1/20
* * *
ASSISTANT with Studio /Agency experience
Seeking an experienced and exceptional Assistant(at least 3 plus years experience) for production company Executive.Prefer someone with studio or agency experience and preferably already working. This is a part time freelance position to start on and off over next few months-then may move to full time . This position requires someone smart ,savy, who knows the movie and TV business.Prefer someone with a bachelor or masters degree but not a requirement.Prefer someone with experience in PR and festivals as may involve travel. Must be able to pay attention to detail,be able to work unsupervised and still deliver results if not supervised. Duties include, scheduling calls and meetings, managing social media account,networking,attending industry events,research, keeping call and meeting logs etc.Will consider promotion and consider Development title for right person.Please send resumes and cover letter with all you bring to the table.Must be based in LA, possibly NY. Seeking someone who may stay the distance with the company for next 2-3 years.It is paying okay and agreat job for someone already working.
Email: spicytamalefilm at gmail.com with Motion Pitcture Asst in subject line 1/19
* * *
Seeking a Personal Assistant/House Manager. Responsible for CEO personal and home schedule, construction projects and running errands, etc.
Send resumes/references to firstname.lastname@example.org 1/19
* * *
Management/Production Company is seeking bright and motivated interns with passion and drive for the entertainment industry. Interns will read scripts and provide coverage, track film festivals, conduct research, and assist with general office duties. This internship is unpaid but lunch and mileage is provided! Room for growth. Please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com 1/19
* * *
COLLEGE CREDIT INTERNSHIPS AVAILABLE: LIFEBOAT PRODUCTIONS is seeking hardworking students with a good sense of humor to support all facets of our company. Intern responsibilities range from general office tasks to series/ film development to production and post production. Students must receive college credit and be willing to work 2-5 days per week from our North Hollywood office. Hours vary, depending on our projects, but regular intern office hours are from 9:30am-6pm. We have opportunities for the Spring 2016 semester starting immediately. Please submit resumes, three references and an interesting cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will be expected to provide Lifeboat Productions with college credit verification/ documenta tion upon offer of internship employment.
ABOUT LIFEBOAT PRODUCTIONS: We are a full service production company working with an array of studios and networks. Our primary business is film, television and high end new media series. We are a friendly and spirited office that likes to help our hardworking interns grow in the industry. See more about our company at lifeboatprods.com. 1/19
* * *
Pacific Palisades family is looking for an executive assistant. Candidate MUST have strong previous experience. Candidate should possess a strong work ethic, be able to handle multiple schedules, and be extremely organized. This position has a potential for growth for the right candidate.
- General administrative duties
- Heavy scheduling
- Travel for Family
- Expense Reports
- Run daily errands
- 5+ years secretarial/assistant experience required.
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Access & Excel for Windows required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be a team player, taking direction from all levels of management .
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Ability to work overtime as requested.
Please email resumes to email@example.com 1/17
* * *
Madhouse Entertainment is currently looking to fill intern positions.
Looking for the best of the best. Lit. Management/Production Company is currently seeking development interns. Candidates should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and well-read with strong communication skills. Duties will include reading and evaluating scripts along with covering available book/article properties. Additional tasks include: creative research projects, shadowing producer/manager assistants, answering phones, administrative tasks, and runs/errands. This is a great opportunity to receive a firsthand experience in the realm of film development. If interested please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1/17
* * *
International film production and finance company is hiring an experienced creative executive in its LA office. Job encompasses tracking and covering available material worldwide, including reading scripts and screening English and non-English language films for production/remake consideration in the US and international territories. Hire will also participate with Company executives and staff in regular meetings/communication with international producers and distributors as well as screenings, creative, finance and production meetings. Candidate is expected to lend a hand with light office responsibilities. Candidate must have prior experience in entertainment, preferably at an agency, studio, management, production company or distribution company. Must be diligent, punctual, strong in writing coverage and pitching material and extremely detail-oriented with maintaining script and other material availability and film performance tracking charts. Computer proficiency (e.g., word, power point, excel) is important and language skills helpful. International travel is likely and significant room for growth within the Company.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com 1/17
* * *
The Rothman Brecher Agency is seeking a highly motivated, hardworking assistant for two literary agents. Will need to be highly organized as the job entrails heavy phones, scheduling, etc. Beverly Hills based Agency provides a competitive salary, full benefits and an upbeat working environment. Position is available immediately. Email your resume to Stephanie at: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. 1/17
* * *
- Organizing calls/meetings both internally and with clients
- Assist teams with day-to-day tasks, projects and scheduling
- Maintain and coordinate interns and intern duties on a daily basis
- Coordinate travel, expenses and scheduling for trips, festivals and junkets
- Conducting research as needed; maintaining various client-related or company-related publicity documents including status reports, calendars, critics grids, schedules, reaction/quote memos, contact sheets, etc.; clipping, compiling and servicing of press breaks for clients; taking notes at meetings or on calls with clients and/or staff and following up on action items; managing publicity materials including photos/stills, clips/trailers, promotional material, etc.
- Drafting or revising press materials including memos, press releases, bios, press notes; managing day-to-day client follow up with press, third parties or internally with staff;
- Cover client screenings, press days and events as needed, which could include press check-in, providing screening reports, and covering talent; supporting the team in organizing of press days, junkets, premieres; liaising with press as needed for reactions, press PR material needs, fact-checking support, pitching films and talent, setting up interviews, etc.; liaising with clients as needed to support team and project including handling print requests, setting screenings, etc; and supporting the team and clients at festivals.
- College Degree plus 6 months to one year of related work experience, preferably at an agency.
- Candidate should be impeccably organized and detail-oriented; highly computer literate; social media savvy; have good instincts and be a strategic and forward thinker.
- Candidate should also have solid writing skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a very fast-paced environment and have a real interest in film/entertainment. Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Must have a thick skin and be good under pressure.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com 1/17
* * *
Assistant – Talent Public Relations for NY Office
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of a very influential, executive level publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidates MUST have at least 1 year of solid experience on a high volume desk of a talent manager/agent/publicist. He/she should have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which will lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist. This position is based in New York in the Financial District.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work on press pitches, research projects and memos.
- Service clients with digital breaks
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- Process client requests in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain close and communicative relationships with assigned press, executives, talent and reps.
- Participate in brainstorming meetings.
- Be able to identify and develop publicity opportunities.
- Create and maintain various schedules, calendars and reports in support of Account
- Executives and teams
- Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training – when approved
- Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- Coordinate mailings with team members in advanceRequirements:
- BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- MUST have at least one solid year of experience at a talent/management or PR agency
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude is a mustPlease submit cover letters and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1/17
* * *