Hey, see that Amazon box up there? If you click on that before buying something, you’ll help support TAPA, and in return, I’ll keep providing the joblist. It doesn’t cost you anything. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
Veteran Beverly Hills producer of over 100 films seeks sharp, motivated development / story interns. Responsibilities include – but are not limited to – reading, evaluating, and covering scripts, books, and article submissions; pitching material to executives; attending weekly staff meetings; researching short films and up-and-coming talent. Very flexible schedule with most work able to be done from home. College credit is accepted but isn’t necessary. This is NOT a paid internship, but will provide immense knowledge of the industry such as development, financing, distribution, and industry standards. Send an email with a PDF resume and cover letter. email@example.com 3/3
* * *
Job Description: Looking for an extremely diligent executive/personal assistant to assist the co-founders of a thrilling technology company in Venice Beach. This person will serve as one of two right-hands to the co-founders and is responsible for responding to their requests and needs. The candidate must be discreet, trustworthy, quick thinker, logical, takes pride in work, resourceful, a problem solver, quickly adapts to change in plans, a true team player, and makes excellent judgement calls. This person demonstrates strong follow through, as well as a creative approach to problem solving. The assistant must be highly organized and able to manage and prioritize diverse responsibilities with minimal supervision. The individual must have interpersonal skills are effective with ability to confidently execute. A knack for anticipating needs is key to success in this position. It requires being detail oriented with a can do attitude. 2 years personal assistant experience, college degree, and car required. Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. 3/2
* * *
The Exchange (Obvious Child, Dear White People, The Last Five Years, The Spectacular Now, 2 Guns), an international sales agency, film financier and production company, seeks an intern to work in their Los Angeles office. Candidates will be involved in challenging, time sensitive assignments, group projects and will be called upon to perform various administrative tasks while learning about the business of film finance, production and distribution. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the ins and outs of independent film production and distribution. Interns should be prepared to commit for a minimum of 3 months, 2-3 days per week and 15 hours minimum per week. College credit is encouraged but not required. This Internship is unpaid, however the company reimburses for lunches. Internship requirements: organized and detail oriented, strong proficiency in writing and editing/proofreading, proficient in Microsoft office, commitment to at least 15 hours per week. Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to email@example.com. For additional information about the company please see our website: www.theexchange.ws 3/2
* * *
Executive Assistant needed at Zodiak LA. The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience at an agency, production company or network, can handle a fast paced desk and is extremely detail oriented. Knowledge of the TV industry is a must. Candidate will be managing phones and a busy calendar, as well as writing and creating pitch decks. Graphic skills and experience using Keynote, Photoshop and After Effects is a plus. Hourly rate will be attractive and commensurate with the experience level. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org 3/2
* * *
Assistant – Talent Public Relations, New York Office
ID, the leading independently-owned entertainment public relations and brand communications agency, seeks an exceptional individuals to join its innovative teams on groundbreaking work for the world’s most influential actors, films, filmmakers, musicians, brands, technology leaders and corporations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of an influential, executive level publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist. Due to a high volume of applicants, no phone calls please.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Service clients with digital breaks
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- Process client requests in a timely manner
- Provide support in managing and processing expense and mileage reports
- Manage Account Executive’s schedule/confirmations – meetings, meals, travel, etc.
- Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training – when approved
- Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- Coordinate mailings with team members in advance
- BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Professional appearance and demeanor with a positive attitude is a must
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com 2/19
* * *
Haven Entertainment is seeking bright and motivated interns with passion and drive for the entertainment industry. Interns will read scripts and provide coverage, track film festivals, check out comedy clubs, conduct research, and assist with general office duties. This internship is unpaid but lunch and mileage is provided! Must be available to intern on Thursdays. Please send your resume with a cover letter stating your availability (and whether or not you will be receiving course credit) to firstname.lastname@example.org 2/18
* * *
Seeking ambitious, organized, dependable, and professional production assistant to fulfill daily duties for high profile producer/director.
- Provide administrative assistance to the co-founder and communicate with business contacts
- Arrange meetings, conference calls, videoconferences, etc.
- Arrange all travel (flights, hotel & ground)
- Process agency operational expenses via the accounting department
- Create overview documents for business development/creative projects
- Advance on-site event needs for co-founder and guests
- Assist in onboarding new employees with HR & Office Manager
- Interface with other assistants in the coordination of schedules
- Attend preliminary project planning meetings and be responsible for taking notes, communicating directives and information to the project team, collaborating with all team members, and general oversight of the project
- Create and maintain an up to the minute master schedule for the project, including deliverables for each department
Qualifications & Desired skills
- Understanding of the internet and digital landscape
- Exceptional oral communication and writing skills
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps for business
- General knowledge of production cameras and studio equipment (encouraged)
- Familiarity with Final Cut Pro and Premiere (encouraged)
- Meticulous organizational skills
- Knowledge of Mac computers
- Great attitude, hard working and great sense of humor
- Project management experience a plus
- College degree preferred
This will be a fully immersive hands-on work experience with a high profile producer/director that regularly works with clients such as Google/YouTube, BBC America, and New Form Digital, among others.
Commitment is a minimum 3-6 months. Position is paid.
Ideally, candidates should also have access to their own laptop.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, what you’ll bring to the project, and your familiarity to all aspects of production to email@example.com 2/17
* * *
Busy Management and unscripted production company looking for dedicated interns. RTS Productions currently has two shows on the air and represents several A-list above the line talent. Intern duties will include talent coverage, production assistant duties, executive liaison, and personal assistant tasks. Great opportunity to grow with the company. Please email cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. 2/11
* * *
Celebrity cosmetic and eyebrow company looking for assistant to manage all business/personal work for busy CEO. Candidate should have excellent verbal/written communication skills and be able to handle direct interaction with celebrity clients . Must have the ability to multi-task. Please email resume/cover letter to email@example.com 2/11
* * *