Want to get the joblist early? Support us on Patreon.
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
Personal Assistant to Comedian/Entertainer
Female Comedian/Entertainer is looking for a full-time Personal Assistant. We need someone who is organized, detail-oriented, and willing to go the extra mile. Someone who is personable, good on the phone, and flexible with their schedule. The position will primarily be Monday-Friday, but weekends may be required from time to time. You will be driving the employer, assisting her on set during video shoots, managing her household, taking her to appointments and meetings, editing videos and promos, as well as shooting videos yourself. Someone who is good with kids is also strongly preferred, as the employer is about to become a first-time mom.
- -Organizing/updating Ical and Google calendar
- -Updating social media profiles including Instagram, Facebook, Vine and Snapchat
- -Scheduling appointments and reminders for when appointments are
- -Running errands (vehicle, valid drivers license required)
- -Help document posts for Instagram, Facebook, Vine, Snapchat and Youtube
- -Facilitating travel arrangements
- -previous experience in personal assistant work (1-3 years)
- -A clean driving record
- -Experience editing videos
- -Social media savvy
- -Tech savvy
- -A great multitasker
- -Must have good references (they will be checked)
- -Must be punctual, urge on the side of being early
- -Must have a positive attitude
- -Strong communication skills
- -Ability to be pro-active and forward thinking
- -Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
Minimum: 30 hrs per week
Salary: Hourly Wage
Please send your Resume and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered. 7/23
* * *
City: Beverly Hills
Job Title: Office Intern
Job Description: Independent Production company is currently looking for interns for Fall 2016 in our Beverly Hills office. Interns will perform a variety of tasks from answering phones to running errands. Applicants should have strong reading, writing skills. Prior experience not necessary. Internship is unpaid.
Contact us: Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. 7/22
* * *
Distinguished, busy LA-based PR firm is seeking an Executive Assistant to SVP. Responsibilities include answering phones, clips/research, maintaining lists, scheduling, completing expense reports, booking travel, assisting SVP with global TV publicity/events. Must be a multi tasker in fast moving environment. MS Excel & PP proficient. Great writer/editor. A solid interest in a career in TV/Entertainment PR and PR experience are required. Clients include top studios and networks. Please send email with resume, cover letter, references and 1-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org 7/21
* * *
K. Jam Media is an independent film and television production company headquartered in the Westwood area of Los Angeles, California. The company was founded by independent film producer Kia Jam in order to expand his passion of producing superior entertainment.
K. Jam Media is seeking a summer/fall intern to assist with production and administrative projects.
The intern will be exposed to various aspects of the film and television production and development process. Ideal candidate is passionate about film, television, and entertainment and can integrate that passion into their work.
Candidate must also be fearless in sharing their ideas, thoughts, insights and knowledge- yet graceful in sensing when the time calls for it and is able to move forward despite any challenges and setbacks that arise.
- Assisting in upcoming slated Feature Film and TV productions.
- Script coverage, research for varying projects, and upcoming productions in consideration.
- Aptly acts on delegated tasks.
- Ability to think ahead and understand what tasks need to be completed without supervision or explicit instruction.
- An academic or career focus on film/producing is preferred.
- Administrative experience is helpful.
- Quick problem solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking capabilities and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Photoshop, or other film/editing applications is helpful (final draft, final cut pro, movie magic etc).
- Language proficiency in Mandarin is a plus.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
* * *
HIRING: Casting/Office/Production Assistant (LA based)!! (must be 18 or over)
Feature film & television casting director looking for a freelance assistant. Great environment for anyone looking to build a career experience in production. Ambition and an enthusiastic attitude are a MUST. Job starts immediately and lasts 2 weeks with the potential to continue.
The ideal candidate should possess the following characteristics:
+Comfortable making cold calls (a MUST!) & reaching out to various communities in which we are conducting casting searches.
+ Hard work ethic & incredible stamina a MUST.
+Efficient with Internet-based research & various other research tasks (must own a lap top & cell phone).
+Extremely organized, reliable & detail-oriented.
+Must be hungry for work & experience. Willing & eager to go outside of comfort zone to get the job done!
APPLY: Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Subj: ATTN BD CASTING ASST. Attach resume; MOST importantly, inc a brief blurb explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this position. If you have hourly rate requirements or prior verifiable quotes, please include. Thank you!
Deadline: ASAP – Will be interviewing immediately.
Please note that our office is based in Los Feliz, CA. Please do not apply if you are unable to commit to this location. 7/21
* * *
TITLE: Hot Takes
PRODUCTION COMPANY: All Def Digital
RATE: Full Rate
LOS ANGELES, CA (but able to work remotely if need be)
3 WEEKS, MAY LEAD TO FUTURE HIRE
Looking for a writer for news desk sports show with comedy flare for All Def Digital (Russell Simmons production company) web platform. Show would be a cross between Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel and Last Week Tonight With John Oliver. Writer will have to have a comedy background and deep sports background. Subjects will include socio-political subjects and counter-culture sports topics that would not typically be covered by the sports mainstream media, however still would be inclusive to pop culture references. Dates to shoot in August. Immediate Hire. Contact Ali Oremus: email@example.com 7/20
* * *
West Hollywood Talent/Literary management company, Media Talent Group, is seeking fall development interns. Applicant must have experience reading scripts and writing coverage. Knowledge of phones also essential. Some administrative tasks will be required as needed. This is an unpaid position, but can provide college credit. Applicants must also have a reliable car. If interested, please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org 7/17
* * *
Looking for a freelance pre-editor (producer/editor) to come in to our studio in Culver City and edit female driven YouTube lifestyle content. Think buzzfeed style editing centering around content from this blog: http://thelala.com
Ideal candidate would have access to camera, audio gear and lighting to act as dp/camera operator under the guidance of Ripple Entertainments Production Manager on set or on location.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes lifestyle content. You know premiere, after effects, sound editing and come with creative ideas.
Contact: email@example.com 7/12
* * *
Youth Manager – Los Angeles
Commission only – 50/50 split.
Talent management company focusing on youth and young adults is seeking experienced managers to join our successful team.
Our client list includes actors with Series Regular and Recurring TV credits, Lead roles in Feature Films, National Network commercial track records & Broadway Theatre tours.
- Experience at an agency or talent management company working in the youth department.
- Determination and a hunger for money and success.
- Positive, high energy team players.
- Excellent communication skills via phone/email/in-person meetings.
- The ability to multitask and prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
- Experience working on Breakdown Services, LA Casting, and Casting Frontier.
- Organization skills and extreme attention to detail.
It’s time to take your career to the next level! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org 7/12
* * *
Jr. Talent Manager/Talent Manager Position
Entertainment Lab, Talent Management company in Los Angeles – www.entlab.la , is searching for a new Jr. Talent Manager/Talent Manager.
Hours: 9:30am – 7pm, Monday to Friday (overtime is paid for every day)
– EXPERIENCE IN TALENT SUBMISSIONS on BREAKDOWN, LACASTING AND CASTINGFRONTIER (this is a must; please do not apply if you do not possess this skill).
– Computer skills (you need to own a well-functioning laptop)
– Communication skills (verbal and written)
To apply please email ASAP resume to email@example.com 7/5
* * *
Top creative commercial production company seeks an ambitious, enthusiastic self-starter as receptionist. The ideal candidate has a background in production and/or advertising, with a desire to continue to grow in this field. Responsibilities include but are not limited to answering calls, greeting visitors, distributing mail, conducting research, and ordering supplies. Experience with heavy call volume desired. Please send resumes and cover letters to Ashley@furlined.com. 7/1
* * *
The Murtha Skouras Agency is seeking a rock-star executive assistant to support the desk of one our partners. Minimum of one year experience at agency or equivalent industry experience. Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment with strong organizational skills. This is a high volume desk that requires impeccable attention to detail and a great attitude. BA/BS degree required. Located in Santa Monica. www.murthaskouras.com. Please email cover letter and resume asap to firstname.lastname@example.org 6/29
* * *
PR Assistant – Music
ID’s Los Angeles office is seeking an experienced Public Relations Assistant with a minimum of 2 years of PR agency or record label experience to join our team in the music department. Candidates must be extremely well-organized, passionate about music, enthusiastic and capable of executing multiple projects and account work in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive nature and enthusiasm toward account work
- Experience handling tour press
- Savvy on the use of social media and understand how it can be
leveraged for publicity
- Writing press materials including press releases, pitch letters and
- Monitor online and print publications daily for client coverage and
- Responsible for the management and upkeep of media lists, PR and
awards documents, media database, administrative work and
- Motivated, resourceful, able to work independently or as part of a
team, a creative thinker and a multi-tasker who can meet deadlines and
manage several projects simultaneously
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com 6/27
* * *
Assistant – Digital Strategy
ID embraces the power and reach of the digital landscape in all its forms as an essential aspect of our clients’ media strategy. Applicants should be proactive, personable, team-oriented and have a strong interest in social media. This position’s responsibility will be providing support for Digital Strategy Department team members as we help clients (including talent, films, non-profits, brands, filmmakers and musicians) navigate the digital landscape. Duties will primarily be scheduling meetings on behalf of clients and internal teams, phone coverage, note taking, research responsibilities, trend forecasting and general organization / logistics.
This job will offer the opportunity to become well-versed in digital platforms and build relationships with new media companies. Job requires daily interaction with clients as well as being an avid reader of social media trends and news to advise on how new technologies can be applied to our clients. As we want to promote our assistant’s growth, you will be encouraged to attend events, client meetings and brainstorms.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage department’s schedule/confirmations
- Schedule meetings with multiple clients and individuals
- Maintain client schedules in conjunction with coordinators/AAE’s
- Service clients with social media publicity breaks and analytics
- Scan, photocopy and draft memos, client agreements, proposals & letters
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Process department’s expense and mileage reports (meetings, meals, travel, etc.)
- Take notes for all meetings and calls and extract action items for client teams
- Facilitate general social media requests from the company
- Participate in brainstorm sessions with internal and external teams
- Regularly reads industry websites like Mashable, TechCrunch, Re/code, WIRED, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Fast Company, Buzzfeed, The Verge, etc.
- Keep senior team members abreast on breaking industry or client-related news by generating a daily new brief of what’s going on in the world of entertainment, news, tech (this is very important, tracking ”what’s next” in terms of the digital and marketing spaces so that our agency can be on the forefront)
- Process basic client requests in a timely manner, including communicating directly with clients to educate and advise on social media and answer digital-related questions
- Maintain client assets and keep running to-do list of various client + department statuses and action items
- Develop relationships in the digital space with assistants, coordinators and above working in complementary roles
- Weigh in on strategy and campaigns for clients by conducting research and demonstrating the ability to interface with high level partners – when appropriate
- Attend events, shoots, premieres, in-person digital activations in support of client for experience and training – when appropriate
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org 6/27
* * *
Eclipse Law Corporation, an entertainment law firm representing high-profile writers, directors, actors, producers, and production companies, seeks interns for the summer. Must be bright, professional, and energetic, with good phone manner and attention to detail.
Duties include reviewing and drafting agreements, conducting guild research, interfacing with agencies and management companies, managing document flow, reading scripts, etc. In addition to performing day-to-day tasks, students are assigned readings from a structured curriculum (which includes books, articles, and a wide variety of agreements) and expected to discuss them during periodic meetings with the supervising attorney. This is a great opportunity to learn about the entertainment business and to make connections. School credit can be arranged (if permitted by your school).
Please indicate availability and what whole days you have free.
We are interviewing for both summer and fall positions.
Read more about the firm at www.eclipselaw.com
Email resume to email@example.com. 6/27