Want to get the joblist early? Support us on Patreon.
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
If you’re looking for more jobs, check out the UTA joblist page.
* * *
Executive Assistant to Talent & Lit Manager/Producer who represents writers, directors & actors. Will have exposure to multiple facets of the business: TV and digital development & production; TV staffing; indie & studio film development & production; casting pitches; live comedy; documentary film. Experience is great. More important is an ability to listen, ask questions, show initiative, deal with personalities across the spectrum, write well and be effective on the phone. Job will involve scheduling, submissions, taking notes on creative and business related calls, working with Microsoft Excel & Word / Google Docs & Sheets, reading & giving notes on internal/client projects.
Send resumes and cover letters to email@example.com. 9/29
* * *
Zero Gravity Management, a busy talent & literary management and production company, is taking applications for Fall and Winter interns in our Westwood office. Our company manages actors, directors, and writers in addition to producing feature films and television shows. Our interns have gone on to work at major talent agencies, studios and production companies throughout the business. This internship is built for focused and savvy individuals. It is a great opportunity to work in a fun, creative environment with changing daily duties including, but not limited to reasearch, reading, and client strategy. We are looking for candidates who can commit to at least 3 days a week over a 4 month period with class credit available.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. 9/20
* * *
Primary Wave Entertainment seeks college students to participate in its internship program for the Fall of 2016. PWE is a top entertainment, Music, Talent and Literary management firm featuring a distinguished client roster. We represent clients from shows such as Jane the Virgin, Being Mary Jane, The Bachelor and many more along with writers, producers and directors of some of the most recognized shows on air.
Our interns would be exposed to having a real feel of how management companies in Hollywood work. Interns would be asked to do script coverage this is very important, strong verbal and writing skills required you will also be assigned research projects for films / tv shows, basic office tasks (phones, filing, copying, faxing, etc.) and shadowing assistants so that you can get a much better understanding of what an entertainment company does on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate should have professional communication skills and an active interest in both film and television. If interested, please send resumes to: email@example.com with the subject line “Fall 2016 Internship.”
We like our interns to get the most experience possible. Internships can lead to permanent positions within the company. 9/17
* * *
XYZ Films is seeking energetic and motivated interns for the fall, for 2 to 3 days per week, 10 AM to 6 PM. The internship is unpaid but no school credit is required. XYZ Films is an independent production company and worldwide sales agency, it’s a great opportunity for anybody looking for experience in the Entertainment Business. There is much to do and being an intern requires working for all the members of the team at the same time: it can be a fast paced environment and we are looking for somebody smart and eager to learn.
Intern responsibilities include but are not limited to: office administration duties, script coverage, assist the sales team in day-to day tasks, research, organization of physical files and online database. Car, driver’s license and laptop required. If interested please send resumes firstname.lastname@example.org 9/17
* * *
* * *
Murtha Skouras Agency (www.murthaskouras.com) represents multiple Academy / Emmy Award winning Cinematographers, Production Designers, Editors and Costume Designers. Currently seeking a detail-oriented, proactive, and ambitious executive assistant to support our television department. On a day-to-day basis we collaborate with producers, directors, and studio executives with respect to feature film, television and commercial productions. For the right candidate the opportunities to grow quickly can be immense. Must have strong communication and computer skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Bachelor’s degree and 1 – 2 years desk experience at studio, agency, or production company required. Located in Santa Monica, CA. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. 9/14
* * *
Boutique PR firm is looking for an assistant to support an Account Executive in the Los Angeles office. We are looking for someone with a minimum of two years entertainment industry experience in talent representation or public relations. You will be responsible for answering calls, updating calendars, creating and maintaining press kits, drafting press releases and client bios, updating contact lists, conducting online research, and providing support for active client accounts. This position requires occasional after-hours and weekend work with clients, so flexibility is a must. We are a boutique PR firm specializing in entertainment and digital/branded lifestyle with offices in LA, NYC and Chicago. Our office is team-oriented, dynamic, hard-working, and fun/friendly. For consideration, please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org 9/14
* * *
Celebrity cosmetics company is seeking dedicated interns. Ranging from video production, marketing, and manufacturing experience with two founders. Both paid an unpaid positions available. The brand does a lot of work with celebrity clients and is sold in major department stores in over 15 countries. Candidates should be motivated and looking to grow within a company. Please send resume and cover letters to email@example.com. 9/11
* * *
Seeking Creative Assistant (Film/Tv) (Internship) (P/T) ($10/hr)
Looking for Los Angeles based intern immediately for fall semester, with potential for longer employment.The Third Cartel is a media production company based in Southeast Michigan interested in creating innovative and exciting content. We are seeking a motivated Creative Assistant to help with two shows (Scripted and Unscripted) currently in active development.Job description:Responsible for communication with actors, writers and below the line crew, including response to submissions and follow up.Coordinating casting locations and dates.Reviewing writing samples and reels
Web ResearchQualifications:Excellent written and oral communication skills: Must be comfortable with talking on the phone, and frequent email communication.
Flexible work schedule – Will work around current class schedule and commitmentsEmail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. 9/9
* * *
Seeking interns to support editorial and production for a new theatrical documentary from Academy Award- and Emmy-nominated director (past films include KURT COBAIN: MONTAGE OF HECK, THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE, CROSSFIRE HURRICANE, and ON THE ROPES). Interns will learn the process of documentary production and post-production in an intimate office environment with the opportunity to work closely with the editorial and production staff. Intern duties will include logging footage, managing and working with media, and research projects, in addition to clerical and administrative tasks to support the production staff when necessary. This is an opportunity to gain an in-depth behind-the-scenes understanding of how documentary films are put together and finished, as well as of the postproduction process in general. Email resumes to email@example.com 9/7
* * *
A leading Talent Agency in Beverly Hills is seeking an experienced Assistant for the Commercial & Branding department. Day-to-day, you will be responsible for rolling calls, submitting talent for commercials, emailing appointments, coordinating travel, liaising with casting directors and production companies, managing calendars, red-lining contracts. Must have strong leadership qualities, and excellent phone and communication skills. Must be a strong multi-tasker, extremely detail oriented with great follow through. Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of LA Casting and Casting Frontier is a plus. Will be working in a fast-paced, high-volume office. Experience in entertainment industry is preferred. To apply, please email resumes in PDF format to Jellis@apa-agency.com 9/7
* * *
A well-established independent production/foreign sales company based in Beverly Hills seeks stellar development interns for their foreign sales division. Ideal candidate has interest in both business affairs and creative development. Duties include heavy script coverage and analysis, research projects, as well providing general administrative support. This is a great opportunity to learn all about film sales, acquisitions, markets, and development. Please send resumes and samples of coverage to firstname.lastname@example.org 9/2
* * *
Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films, a prominent Independent Production ≤company is currently looking for student interns for Fall 2016 in our Beverly Hills office. Interns will perform a variety of tasks from answering phones to running errands. Applicants should have strong reading, writing skills. Prior experience not necessary. Internship is unpaid and for school credit. Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Subject line: Fall Office Intern 9/1
* * *
Office Assistant / Runner Position Now Open
A well-established independent reality television production company in Los Angeles is looking for a highly motivated, creative, organized and adaptable full time office assistant / runner
Ideal candidate is smart, motivated, and detail-oriented. Working knowledge of editing and graphics software like Adobe Premiere and After Effects etc a major plus.
The position will primarily be Monday-Friday 9 – 6.
• A valid drivers license and transportation
• Must have a positive attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to be pro-active and forward thinking
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordination of daily operations of the office
• Going on runs
• Helping out on set
• Answering Phones
• Office Organization & Inventory
Send resumes to Bordo@Bancastudio.com 8/31
* * *
MIRAMAX – Santa Monica, CA. is seeking a VP of Film. VP is responsible for sourcing new projects, developing material and assisting in overseeing productions as well as constantly working to establish and maintain relationships with agents, managers, producers, directors and writers. Must have at least 5 years of proven development experience in film. Success in developing original content that has been produced. Please visit our website for details. Cover letter and resume should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or applied directly on our site. 8/31
* * *
Coast to Coast Talent Group is currently seeking an experienced (3 years or more) Voiceover Agent who has working knowledge and relationships with Animation and Commercial Buyers. We are looking for a true team player to join our well established and thriving VO department with room to grow. Must have knowledge and hands on experience in the following: MP3 submissions and an ear to edit; booth direction and able to direct talent to insure competitive reads; discerning ear for new talent and competitive demos. Full time position with salary/commission commensurate with experience. Benefits included. Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com 8/31
* * *
Director sought for a Faith-Based Feature Film. Must be available immediately. $2,500 per week + expenses, for 12 weeks, shoots in Ohio, Oct. 17 – Nov. 12. Pre-production begins Tuesday, September 6 in Cincinnati. Submit your resume via email with link to your IMDB credits, and link to at least one feature film or full-length doc you have directed. (You need at least one feature film or full-length doc directing credit.) Email to: info@StMichaelMovies.com
Submit ASAP (deadline to submit is Tuesday, Aug. 30). 8/29
* * *
The EP of The View is looking for a new assistant. This is the perfect job for someone young, smart, extremely hard working and hungry. You’ll learn a ton. Candi is an amazing woman to work for…takes passion in mentoring young talent. If they haven’t posted this already — people can send me their info: firstname.lastname@example.org 8/29
* * *
Full time Prod Coordinator/ Office Manager
Fallout Entertainment (falloutentertainment.com) – a well-established independent production company in the Venice/ Mar Vista area specializing in music videos, commercials, feature films and documentaries is looking for a highly motivated, creative, organized and adaptable full time Prod Coordinator/ Office Manager.
Fallout is based in Venice/Mar Vista area and the Ideal candidate is smart, motivated, and detail-oriented and has some accounting and budgeting know how as well as some competency in editing and graphics software like Adobe Premiere and After Effects etc.
Ideally the right candidate would be a fast learner, very personable and have a strong attention to detail. The position will primarily be Monday-Friday, but we may shoot on weekends from time to time. Hours are generally 10 – 6. This is a great opportunity to learn everything in production from the ground up in the “real world”. Someone who lives close by is a major plus.
Since this is basically an entry level position at first your primary job will be in overseeing the office, book keeping, and coordinating all of the various video projects but the ideal candidate would be looking to eventually become a full time video, commercial and film producer and take on more responsibility.
- A valid drivers license and transportation – unless residing very close to office
- Must have a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to be pro-active and forward thinking
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills
- Owning or at least a proficiency on an Apple Mac is a must because we are on the Apple platform exclusively.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects, Quickbooks, Showbiz or Movie Magic Budgeting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of daily operations of a production company offices
- Coordination of preproduction, production and postproduction on all projects.
- Exporting and Uploading deliverables to spec onto multiple platforms.
- Management of media, hard drives & equipment (including charging batteries & preparing equipment for shoots, uploading & backing up footage after shoots, clearing cards, saving final video project files onto drives).
- Functioning as the point of contact for clients on third party coproduction projects.
- Updating Website
- Bookkeeping ( using Quickbooks
- Coordination and calendaring of projects (including shoot schedule, editing deliverables, o
- Exporting and Uploading deliverables.
- Management of media, hard drives & equipment
- Functioning as the point of contact for clients
- Scheduling appointments and reminders for when appointments are made
Starting Salary – $1800 per month (opportunity for raise upon review and also opportunity for additional $ on specific projects)
If you’re interested, please send cover letter & resumes to: email@example.com 8/27
* * *
ASSISTANT – DIGITAL TALENT EXECUTIVES (LA BASED ONLY)
Studio 71 seeks an Assistant for 2 digital talent executives who focuses on signing and growing the careers of high potential digital creators and influencers.
This role is for a high potential right hand with top notch communication and organization skills to keep a highly active digital talent manager on track as he scouts and services some of the fastest rising stars on YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
- Rolling calls
- Pivot scheduling
- Expense tracking and reporting
- Maintaining client, project and development tracking system
- Development research
- Creative breakdowns and analysis
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 1 year’s experience as an Executive Assistant to a Senior Level Manager/Executive (preferably at a top tier creative agency, talent agency, management company, studio or digital media network)
- Passion for digital and traditional media platforms with up to the minute intelligence on industry disruptors and thought leaders across multiple fields of interest, always with an eye for creative and development opportunities
- Highly driven personality. Assertive yet tactful professionalism with demonstrated ability to manage upward effectively
- Poise under pressure and natural attention to detail essential. Must command the ability to think and act ahead of the curve, anticipating needs and obstacles with solutions
- Self taught/self motivated problem solver and contributor who does not require supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint). Adobe Creative Suite skills an advantage. Strong research skills a necessity
COVER MESSAGE REQUIRED: in 3 lines or less, tell us why you’re the best choice for this role – USjobs@studio71us.com. 8/25
* * *
HOLLYWOOD – Producer and Post Production company owner seeking a part-time executive assistant to work from Hollywood office 2-3 days per week. Responsibilities include business tasks such as scheduling, strategizing, rolling calls, rolling through emails, researching, reading, creation of spreadsheets, reviewing entertainment legal docs, booking travel etc. This is a soup-to-nuts job that requires high level business skills. Must be organized and self-motivated. At least one year of agency or management or business entertainment experience preferred. Send resume and cover letter to Info@Swingstatemovie.com. 8/24
* * *
Manager/Coordinator- Distribution Operations
Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution has an immediate opening for a Manager, OR a Coordinator, of Distribution Operations, to join our Theatrical Distribution department supporting our upcoming theatrical releases.
This position reports to the VP, Distribution Operations & Analysis.
- Assist with the management of theatrical release schedules. Maintain master schedule for each initiative and edit schedule as necessary.
- Ensure all schedule changes are properly communicated both internally & externally
- Lead research efforts. Gather data and statistics on comparable movie titles
- Vendor management
- Build relationships with theatrical distribution vendors across titles
- Provide scope-of-work and detail to theatrical distribution vendors
- Utilize the Hollywood Software TDS system on a daily basis for booking, billing and administrative functions
- Complete daily box office estimating and research via Rentrak software
- Regular evening/weekend work, (one hour every Saturday, and one hour every Sunday morning), to project/estimate weekend box office activity
- Work with digital cinema integrators on various print and billing issues
- Prepare presentations for weekly sales meetings using Microsoft Excel or PowerPoint
- Regular box office reporting
- One to two years of experience working in Theatrical Distribution
- Candidate must be detail oriented, and able to manage constantly shifting priorities
- Prior knowledge and understanding of theatrical release schedules
- Working knowledge of Rentrak software
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Regular evening/weekend work. (1 hour early Saturday/Sunday mornings.)
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org 8/24
* * *
GVA talent agency is seeking a temporary assistant.
- Talent Breakdown Submissions
- Sending appointments via InEntertainment(IE) and Outlook
- Managing client and user schedules
- Covering office telephones with excellent phone etiquette.
- Rolling Calls
- Handling closings and bookings
- Updating client folders
- Updating client resumes
- Do not submit resume if you have never worked in a talent agency.
- Responding to assorted emails
- A knowledge of actors, casting, managers, producers, directors etc…
- Quick thinking and takes initiative. Must be a highly detailed and organized individual. $500.00 a week plus parking.
Please email resume to: email@example.com 8/24
* * *
BEVERLY HILLS – Talent manager seeking full time executive assistant to work at in-home office. Responsibilities include typical assistant duties, such as scheduling, rolling calls, researching, reading, booking travel etc. Must be organized and self-motivated. Reliable vehicle needed. This is an excellent opportunity to work with high profile clients in a more personal environment. At least one year of agency or management experience preferred. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. 8/23
* * *
FALL INTERNSHIP 2016
Primary Wave Entertainment seeks college students to participate in its internship program for the Summer/Fall of 2016. PWE is a top entertainment, Music, Talent and Literary management firm featuring a distinguished client roster. We represent clients from shows such as Jane the Virgin, Being Mary Jane, The Bachelor and many more along with writers, producers and directors of some of the most recognized shows on air.
Our interns would be exposed to having a real feel of how management companies in Hollywood work. Interns would be asked to do script coverage, be assigned research projects for films / tv shows, basic office tasks (phones, filing, copying, faxing, etc.) and shadowing assistants so that you can get a much better understanding of what an entertainment company does on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate should have professional communication skills and an active interest in both film and television production. If interested, please send resumes to: Sthakar@primarywave.com with the subject line “Fall 2016 Internship.”
We like our interns to get the most experience possible. Internships can lead to permanent positions within the company. 8/22
* * *
New Form Digital is seeking an intern. The intern would have a passion for and knowledge of digital entertainment and the world of social media influencers. You would also have a proven track record of completing projects efficiently to support and fulfill the strategic objectives of New Form Digital. You should be a strong communicator, creative and tenacious, with a passion to take part in creating content with today’s most influential creators. If you’re comfortable taking ownership of projects independently and collaborating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, keep reading. This is a part-time paid internship position.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Must be proactive and a forward-thinker
- Knowledgeable about trends in technology and digital entertainment
- Interest in and/or passion for digital entertainment and online video
- Able to multi-task, work independently and be flexible with changing deliverables and deadlines
- Must have great work ethic and be resourceful
- Excellent researching skills with strong Google capabilities
- Interest in learning extensively about YouTube, Vine, online monetization, and new media
- Support team initiatives in various business capacities including licensing, distribution, marketing, operations and strategy
- Miscellaneous admin and office management duties
- Learn the importance of detail that goes with every project
- Research and report on new industry trends
- Perform administrative duties and provide support as needed
- Must be taking the internship for course credit and can provide a letter of verification OR you are taking the internship as a learning enhancement and can provide a letter of recommendation from a current college professor/staff member
- Must be in the Los Angeles area, have reliable transportation and working phone
- Be familiar with YouTube, Vine, Instagram, and other online media
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Some experience in Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Keynote, Google Apps and various other production software
New Form Digital does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Interested? Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. 8/22