Hey, see that Amazon box up there? If you click on that before buying something, you’ll help support TAPA, and in return, I’ll keep providing the joblist. It doesn’t cost you anything. Pretty sweet deal, huh?
If you’d like to post a job notice, just email anonymousproductionassistant at gmail dot com. There’s no charge, and I guarantee you’ll get great resumes from the smartest readership of the entire Internet.
Also, if you plan on buying something on Amazon, click here first. It doesn’t cost you anything, and it helps support TAPA, and this job board.
* * *
Public Relations Intern:
Public Relations Intern needed at Valhalla Entertainment. We are the production company of “The Walking Dead”, but we have new series and film projects in development. You would work directly under our Director of Publicity learning about marketing, press releases, social media, and event coordination. Photoshop is a must. We host lunches and field trips where interns can interact with industry professionals. Must receive college credit. Send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com 11/21
* * *
Assistant – Talent Public Relations
ID, the leading independently-owned entertainment public relations and brand communications agency, seeks an exceptional individuals to join its innovative teams on groundbreaking work for the world’s most influential actors, films, filmmakers, musicians, brands, technology leaders and corporations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detailed oriented Assistant, who can stay one step ahead of an influential publicist representing an eclectic client roster. Candidate must have excellent communication skills, maintain the highest level of confidentiality, have the ability to keep up with an extremely busy, fast-paced office, and remain composed in high-pressure environments with strong-willed personalities. Must be able to multi-task under breaking deadlines. This is a challenging position which has the potential to lead to a rewarding career as an entertainment publicist. Due to a high volume of applicants, no phone calls please.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Service clients with digital breaks
- Answer phones promptly and professionally
- Maintain digital press kits; maintain hard press kit files when appropriate
- Process client requests in a timely manner
- Provide support in managing and processing expense and mileage reports
- Manage Account Executive’s schedule/confirmations – meetings, meals, travel, etc.
- Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training – when approved
- Handle hair/makeup/styling holds when appropriate
- Create and maintain client schedules (in coordination with counterparts and team members)
- Maintain client assets and in-office samples
- Work with supervisors to maintain and update all media lists on a timely basis.
- Coordinate mailings with team members in advance
- BA in Mass Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Strong writing, research and organizational skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong ability to prioritize, solve problems and be resourceful
- Able to handle fast-paced PR environment
- Able to work well under pressure and take direction well
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to handle any/all confidential information, issues and matters in a sensitive manner
- Professional appearance and demeanorwith a positive attitude is a must
Send resumes to Tphung@id-pr.com. 11/21
* * *
Digital Strategy Assistant
ID, the leading independently-owned entertainment public relations and brand communications agency, seeks an exceptional Digital Strategy Assistant in Los Angeles to join its innovative teams on groundbreaking work for the world’s most influential actors, films, filmmakers, musicians, brands, technology leaders and corporations.
ID embraces the power and reach of the digital landscape in all its forms as an essential aspect of our clients’ media strategy. Applicants should be proactive, personable, team-oriented and have a strong interest in social media. This position’s responsibility will be providing support for Digital Strategy Department team members as we help clients (including talent, films, non-profits, brands, and musicians) navigate the digital landscape. Duties will primarily be scheduling meetings on behalf of clients and internal teams, phone coverage, note taking, research responsibilities, trend forecasting and general organization / logistics.
This job will offer the opportunity to become well-versed in digital platforms and build relationships with new media companies. Job requires daily interaction with clients as well as being an avid reader of social media trends and news to advise on how new technologies can be applied to our clients. As we want to promote our assistant’s growth, you will be encouraged to attend events, client meetings and brainstorms.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Manage department’s schedule/confirmations
· Schedule meetings with multiple clients and individuals
· Maintain client schedules in conjunction with coordinators/AAE’s
· Service clients with social media publicity breaks and analytics
· Scan, photocopy and draft memos, client agreements, proposals & letters
· Answer phones promptly and professionally
· Process basic client requests in a timely manner
· Process department’s expense and mileage reports (meetings, meals, travel, etc)
· Take notes for all meetings and calls and extract action items for client teams
· Generate a daily new brief of what is going on in the world of entertainment, news, tech for the ID staff
· Keep senior team members abreast on breaking industry or client-related news (this is very important, tracking “what’s next” in terms of the digital and marketing spaces so that our agency can be on the forefront)
· Attend events, junket, shoots in support of client for experience and training – when appropriate
· Maintain client assets and keep running to-do list of various client + department statuses and action items
· Develop relationships in the digital space with assistants, coordinators and above working in complementary roles
· Participate in brainstorm sessions with internal and external teams
· Communicate directly with clients to educate and advise on social media and answer digital-related questions
Send resumes to Tphung@id-pr.com. 11/21
* * *
Receptionist/Front Desk Coordinator
We are seeking a dynamic self-starter to be our Receptionist and take the helm of the front desk. As the first point of contact for our company, he/she should be pleasant, poised and polite as a representative of ID, always maintaining a professional appearance and demeanor in a fast-paced and demanding environment. This role is critical to our day-to-day operations and the right candidate must be proactive, solution-oriented individual who is ready and willing to own the responsibilities in providing general office support. There is great growth potential towards becoming an Assistant on a Publicist’s desk from here.
Duties Include, but are not limited to:
· Greeting and checking in guests and new employees
· Issuing and tracking parking validations
· Manage scheduling of the conference rooms
· Serve as an additional point of contact for office vendors and property management
· Recruit and supervise interns under the management of Human Resources
· Maintaining the cleanliness of break room, conference room, waiting area, etc.
· Answering main phone line for the company, rolling calls and taking messages
· Maintaining stock and office supplies
· Manage and update company directories
· Accept and distribute incoming mail and packages
· Assist other departments with work as needed
· Six months to one year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience entertainment, preferably in public relations and/or talent management.
· Possession of strong organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to multi-task; work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
· Able to work collectively with various teams
· Must be a forward thinker; solution-oriented.
Send resumes to Tphung@id-pr.com. 11/21
* * *
Music video seeks camera/electric swing (you will be working with both lighting and camera). Shooting at the YouTube space near El Segundo November 18-19. $200/day. Please send resumes to WantedPictures@gmail.com. 11/17
* * *
World’s Foremost Entertainment News Organization Now Looking for Field Camera Operator
Do you live, eat, and breathe all things celebrity? Are you charismatic? Do you have the ”gift of gab” and a passion for entertainment news? Do you know Sarah Hyland from Kendall Jenner, CP3 from Nick Young and Miley Cyrus from Iggy Azalea?
If so, here’s your chance to work for Hollywood’s #1 entertainment news organization! This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our team.
-Must be familiar with current pop culture celebs across all entertainment genres: movies, music, fashion, television, etc.
-Must be comfortable approaching and engaging celebrities in conversation out in the field
-Must be able (or be willing to learn) to hold and operate a handheld camera
This is NOT a technical position. No previous camera or editing experience is necessary. We provide all equipment and hands-on training! If you thrive on working in an exciting, fast-paced environment, if you frequent celeb hot spots and can work a full-time flexible schedule, this may be the right position for you!
This is for a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Email JOB-181110-F6@entertainmentcareers.net 11/12
* * *
We are looking for a superstar! Twistory Studios is looking for a Studio Concierge Assistant who reports to the Operations team, Candidates must be highly motivated, bright, bubbly, spunky and professional. Duties include answering phones, directing calls, taking messages, and keeping the studio clean and tidy on a day to day basis. Must be able to interact with outside vendors, coworkers, and visitors. The job entails other general administrative duties as directed and/or needed. Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment is needed for this position. Candidate must be punctual, dependable, and have excellent phone and written communication skills. Seeking a fun and confident personality with a professional demeanor. Ability to learn quickly and work independently is important. The ability to have fun is required. Looking for someone that can give a long term commitment, up to a year and has experience as receptionist and/or executive assistant (2 years) as well as familiarity with Mac and Windows operating systems using Microsoft Office Suite.
Also someone who has an interest in animation, fashion, movies, and gaming. We are an entertainment studio where magic meets technology through the art of storytelling. From avant-garde films to compelling illustrated stories to groundbreaking games, we bring high-quality, forward-thinking content to enthusiasts around the world.
Applicants can send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. 11/4
* * *
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and thick skinned candidate to fill the role of Executive Assistant! You’ll be leaned on heavily in lots of respects while acting as the right-hand support for our very busy CEO. Your day will consist of everything from running errands, to booking travel, to filling out corporate paperwork and drafting correspondence on their behalf. With the level of insight into you’ll get into the inner workings of a successful, multi-national VFX studio, this role as a great step on the way to a higher-level corporate position!
- Manage and maintain CEOs’ schedule.
- Supports Executives’ in a variety of company-related tasks and strategies to improve efficiency and company leadership.
- Anticipate CEOs’ needs and coordinate and prepare information/materials for meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements.
- Serve as point of contact for certain business relationships, including coordination of calls, meetings, tasks and projects.
- Provide support to internal teams in planning/coordinating events and off-sites.
- Participates in administrative/operations team meetings to identify and implement administrative improvements.
- Phone and email screening.
- The ability to adapt to and balance the needs of CEO and Executives.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Polished and professional. Great interpersonal skills. Must develop quick relationships with other assistants through a personable, amicable demeanor.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented. Perfectionist – loves and lives by process.
- Excellent time management skills. Maintain daily, weekly and monthly schedule.
- Flexibility required, including last minute travel and/or meetings during breakfast/lunch/dinner. (Car is required.)
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Sense of adventure and desire to be involved in a fast growing company.
- Needs to be highly proactive and embrace responsibility. Ability to work without close supervision a must.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to function in a fast paced rapid growth environment is a must.
- Communication/telephone skills.
- 100% Follow-up and follow-through.
- Excellent decision-making, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to succeed as a team player.
- High motivation to support customers, internal and external.
Please send resume and cover letter to EAjob1800@gmail.com. 10/28
* * *
Lit. Management/Production Company is currently seeking for fall development interns. Candidates should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, and well-read with strong communication skills. Duties will include reading and evaluating scripts along with covering available book/article properties. Additional tasks include: creative research projects, shadowing producer/manager assistants, answering phones, administrative tasks, and runs/errands. This is a great opportunity to receive a firsthand experience in the realm of film development. If interested please send resumes to email@example.com. 10/27
* * *
Music Management Company in Los Angeles seeking creative, hard-working assistant. Must be a highly-motivated jack of all trades who is able to handle heavy phones/rolling calls, emails, setting appointments and other administrative duties. Candidate should be professional, organized, have an excellent phone demeanor and must be computer literate. Candidate should be highly proficient on Mac, possess above-average knowledge of social media and digital marketing. Passion for music is key. Web design, branding experience and viral marketing experience a plus. Interested candidates should email resume, cover letter and any references to firstname.lastname@example.org. 10/22
* * *
Full Time Job
Beverly Hills Talent Agency seeks a FULL-TIME assistant to the President of a very busy Commercial Voice Over Department with high call volume and heavy client contact. Candidate MUST be extremely detail-oriented, have a professional phone manner, strong communication skills, multi-task oriented, and versatile in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of In-Entertainment and Voicebank is a plus. Entertainment desk experience is strongly preferred.
$12 per hour + OT + eligible for benefits after 90 days 10/7
Apply to email@example.com
* * *
Boutique management and production company with Oscar-winning clientele seeking enthusiastic, outgoing, motivated, interns. The company manages actors and writers in film and television and develops features and TV series. Three month commitment at least. Ideal for someone wanting to learn the business of representation and development. Will be working in a fast-paced environment with A-List literary, producing, and directing talent on current productions and projects in development. Must be a team player, detail oriented, and ready to learn. You will be involved in talent submissions, emailing, coverage, answering phones, filing, as well as other general administrative duties. Proper grammar is a MUST! We are seeking an intern for two 4 hour days (1pm-5pm). Internship is unpaid, but school credit available. We are a small company so our interns get real hands-on experience and an extraordinary education. Please submit cover letter, resume and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org 10/6
* * *
Manhattan based independent production company headed by well known producer seeks qualified assistant to the CEO. Candidates should have experience in the film industry and in office setting preferably as an assistant or with an agency. Understanding of the industry, players and the workings of an office are a must as is organization, intelligence and drive.
The ideal candidate will also have fluency in Spanish and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
The position will combine personal and executive assistant duties with office management and production coordination. The applicant must be comfortable with this mix and recognize that working as a personal assistant will be a part of the job description.
This is a full time, salaried position.
Send Resume and Cover letter to:
* * *
One of LA’s top acting studios looking for an amazingly organized, efficient, and sharp studio manager who is passionate about actors. The BGB Studio is a creative home for some 200 actors who explore their artistry in one or more of our 16 different weekly classes and coach their auditions with one of our many expert coaches. We’re looking for someone who can manage actor inquiries and applications, invoices, class schedules, apprentices, staff, and teachers. Someone who is able to multi-task, is great with people, and can make sure that all the trains run on time. We’re looking for someone with spectacular management and organizational skills who gets things done efficiently, calmly, and can stay a step ahead of us and our bustling studio.
Full time job, Monday – Friday. Starting ASAP at our Studio in North Hollywood. Please send resumes and a cover letter to: email@example.com and let us know:
a) your skills, strengths, and passions
b) what kind of $ you’ve made recently or are expecting to make (there are no medical benefits)
c) when you can start
Please be as specific as you can.
ONLY email us firstname.lastname@example.org 9/19
* * *
The Exchange (Obvious Child, The Spectacular Now, Sound of My Voice, 2 Guns), an international sales agency, film financier and production company, seeks an intern to work in their Los Angeles office. Candidates will be involved in challenging, time sensitive assignments, group projects and will be called upon to perform various administrative tasks while learning about the business of film finance, production and distribution. This is an excellent opportunity to learn the ins and outs of independent film production and distribution. Interns should be prepared to commit for a minimum of 3 months, 2-3 days per week and 15 hours minimum per week. College credit is encouraged but not required. This Internship is unpaid, however the company reimburses for lunches. Internship requirements: organized and detail oriented, strong proficiency in writing and editing/proofreading, proficient in Microsoft office, commitment to at least 15 hours per week. Resumes and cover letters can be emailed to email@example.com. For additional information about the company please see our website: www.theexchange.ws 9/19
* * *
Independent film distribution company, The Film Arcade, seeks an assistant to support two partners while gaining experience in all facets of film distribution. This position provides the opportunity to grow with the company.
• Provide administrative support to two partners including scheduling, travel and phones
• Help track potential acquisitions and coordinate all acquisitions screenings.
• Support marketing, publicity, social media and distribution campaigns as needed
• Organize and assist in project invoicing for all titles
• Manage and track materials for all titles
• Prepare and process expense reports
• Establish and maintain office files, reports and contracts
• Other ad hoc support as needed
• Previous entertainment industry experience preferably at talent agency or film distribution company
• Bachelor degree required
• Excellent organizational skills; detail-‐oriented
• Ability to prioritize and work around deadlines, possessing an entrepreneurial and problem-‐solving approach
• Must be able to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Strong computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. 9/15
* * *
Digital Media Intern – Fall 2014
The BabyLeague Internship Program is designed for young interns to develop and sharpen their professional skills. The program will help you augment your skill sets and set you on the right career track by introducing you to the daily dealings of a growing and thriving digital destination focused on the family vertical.
As a Digital Media Content and Social Media Intern, you will be responsible for generating innovative content for our company website, our blog, social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) and you will also be responsible for driving social media campaigns around the same.
This is an UNPAID internship that is open to COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY. Applicants MUST be a Sophomore, Junior, Senior or Graduate Student and MUST be receiving college credit for this internship to be considered. (Students will be required to provide documentation of receiving academic credit for the internship experience.)
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
Assist with writing Social Media content for the site daily
Help create, develop and execute new website and social media programming initiatives to drive awareness and subscriptions
Watch and track collaborator programs and social media contributions to see that they conform to contractual requirements.
Review and track digital news and developments to keep company abreast of new developments and initiatives.
Track YouTube channel comments and Social media platforms to monitor what is resonating with the audience.
Moderate user-generated content – such as messaging on Facebook pages/ posts/ and Twitter replies.
Assist and create New Media research reports dealing with content and social media.
WHO WE LOOKING FOR:
Seeking college or trade school students working on their BS/BA degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
No previous work experience required, however the ideal candidate has a passion for writing, editing, the web and a desire to learn the ins and outs of working for an educational/ entertainment website.
Intern should also have a strong desire to learn new programs and gain an understanding of the business of Digital Media (YouTube, AOL, Yahoo, etc.) and web site development/growth.
Knowledge of (and an interest in) family, motherhood, parenting and/or current pop culture, digital marketing, digital media trends is a PLUS.
Proficiency with MAC/ iOS, MS Office, Word, Excel is required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are key.
Must be a self-starter and highly motivated.
Must have ability to communicate effectively & tactfully.
Must have ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written & oral instructions.
Must have ability to organize & schedule work effectively.
Must have ability to work well under time constraints.
Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
Must possess a professional mannerism.
Must be passionate about the web as an educational/ entertainment tool.
Must be able to locate information on the web quickly and accurately.
Must be punctual and ready to work with a positive attitude!
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
Valuable experience and insight on the inner-workings of a digital destination, web site operations and YouTube channel programming.
A letter of reference at the completion of the program.
This internship would be ideal for students studying in the Los Angeles area. It is a part-time position with flexible scheduling. This is not a full-time position.
Send cover letter and resume to Phillip@BabyLeague.com 9/12
* * *
Seeking a Department Coordinator/Assistant at a boutique, below-the-line agency, to start in the West Hollywood office immediately. The position will provide assistance and support for three agents in the Television Department, including a Partner at the company. Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to: tracking projects and client submissions; maintaining calendars; scheduling meetings; preparing contracts; and any general administrative duties that may be requested. Applicant must be a team player with a customer-service oriented attitude, with excellent phone demeanor, and exceptional communication skills, both written and oral. Applicant must also have a strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Proficiency in core Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) is mandatory. One year of experience in an administrative support role is preferable. Knowledge about the production process is not mandatory, but also preferred. Applicant must also currently live in LA, have a bachelor’s degree, and access to reliable transportation. Business hours are 9:30am to 6:30pm Monday thru Friday.
Please send all resumes as an attachment, with Salary History, to email@example.com 9/11
* * *
talent management internship
Seeking an ambitious, reliable & forward thinking Intern for a well regarded boutique talent management company for the fall.
You’ll will be assisting Talent Manager and his assistant with various tasks. Tasks include compiling contacts, making databases, etc. Must have knowledge of Gmail apps and Microsoft Office. This is an opportunity to learn what is like to be an independent talent manager. Must have your own computer and transportation.
Hours and start/end date negotiable. Internship is part in office and part remote. You will be able to do this internship for college credit if needed. A great attitude is a must!
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org 9/9
* * *
social media internship
People with a genuine interest for social media, marketing, analytics, and creative content, who can work 10-15 hours per week remotely for a minimum of three months. You should be very interested in social media and ready to immerse yourself in our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram,etc worlds on a daily basis.
We accept college graduates, current students, as well as unconventional or ”real world” experience and education.
-Curating content for use across all social media platforms
-Researching new social media marketing ideas and opportunities
-Building relationships through all social media profiles
-Observing trends on social media outlets to incorporate into our online community
-Post on behalf of webseries, clients, and company
-A genuine interest in social media, marketing,
-Proficiency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and third-party social media applications
-Knowledge of blogging and wordpress
-Strong creative writing skills
-Great communication skills
-An interest in storytelling and current events
-Attend weekly conference calls and occasional in office meetings
**Must be based in the Los Angeles Area
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com 9/9
* * *
Executive Assistant to President of Distribution – Los Angeles
STX Entertainment- A new media and entertainment studio with the capacity to develop, produce, finance, and market a significant number of commercially-viable, star-driven feature films and television shows every year is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President of Distribution.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Rolling calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, expense reports, managing contact database, filing, & all areas of administrative support to the Executive
-Candidates must be self-starter, resourceful, motivated, detail-oriented, & hard-working
-Must have excellent communication, organizational, multi-tasking & prioritizing skills
-Ability to handle heavy multi-line phone systems & busy professional & personal calendars
-Must have proficient skills in Excel and PowerPoint
-Familiarity with Rentrack (Distribution Software/Program) would be ideal – will train if needed
-Thinking & planning ahead is a must!
Bachelor’s Degree required, as well as minimum of 1-2 years of desk experience at an agency or studio.
This is a full-time paid position. Full Benefits after 30 days!
Great opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company.
If interested, please send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org 9/8
* * *