Wow, people were not pleased by yesterday’s post, where I criticized a fellow PA for getting the lunch order wrong. To be fair to me, this conversation didn’t happen outside my head. Sometimes I write these imagined conversations out on TAPA for your amusement, but clearly I failed in this regard.
Takeaways for readers that don’t have anonymous blogs–
- Don’t be mean to your fellow PA.
- If someone doesn’t ask for something you think is standard, maybe ask to confirm they don’t want beans or cheese or whathaveyou?
- Lunch is free. If it doesn’t make you go into anaphylactic shock, deal with it.
- Don’t fuck up the producer’s lunch.
The anonymous reader (who happens to provide us with the UTA joblist) wrote in:
You mentioned you hike a lot. Where do you hike? I used to hike Angeles Forest and Castaic Lake but haven’t in years, but always looking for other hikers to hike with.
Sometimes, Los Angeles can feel like one giant freeway at rush hour.
But the truth is, there are lots of green spaces in the city, including one of the largest urban parks in North America– Griffith Park. It’s over 4,00 acres.1 There are spots in Griffith Park that you wouldn’t even recognize as being in the middle of a major metropolis–
There’s a bazzilion trails through Griffith Park, not to mention sites like the Griffith Observatory, the Hollywood Sign, and tunnel to Toontown.
What I’m saying is, I never hike the same trail twice. I just grab some friends and go. Sometimes, we find an old, bandoned zoo that’s probably haunted, and sometimes we find a tranquil teahouse. You just never know.
- I don’t know how big an acre is, but that seems like an awful lot.↩