Fred Savage and CBS Can Go to Hell

I know what you guys are thinking. You read the story on Deadline about CBS buying the rights to a blog about life as a Hollywood assistant, with plans to turn it into a pilot. By now, you know that Fred Savage – of Vice Versa fame – is attached to EP and direct. So you’re probably wondering:

“Oh no! Does this mean that TAPA’s hilarious (yet admittedly infrequent) rants will be put on hold as she goes off to produce a hit TV show?!”

No. Because CBS didn’t buy¬†this blog. They bought some Tumblr from an agency assistant, Lauren Bachelis. (In the interest of full disclosure, Lauren and I are friends-in-law, via Facebook.)

Great Idea for a Blog, Lauren!

This may have ruined my morning.

This entry was posted in About Me, Off-Topic and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fred Savage and CBS Can Go to Hell

1. TL says:

Yeah, I don’t get it. Good for her, I guess. The blog is just reappropriated animated gifs that more often than not have little to do with the post’s “concept”.

2. Sara C. says:

About a year ago a friend and I were playing with the idea of collaborating on a spec pilot about PAs trying to “Make It In Hollywood”.

My procrastination has officially been vindicated!

3. Lauren says:

Yeah, a year ago I wanted to do a comedy about interns.

This ruined my evening as well because I don’t follow her blog and you are much more deserving. <33

4. Danny says:

Even better idea? A blog about people online talking about an online blog that got bought by CBS. Would Marilyn Manson(Fred Savage’s co-star from the Wonder Years) buy that blog? How about a story about a gal that goes to work everyday 9-5 and works her way up the corporate ladder by leadership skills? I’m bored. Throw in a magic dragon as the boss and we’ll see.

5. Stephanie says:

I feel like every person who has ever worked as a production assistant has had the brilliant idea to write a comedy series about their experiences (including myself).. Sad that it happened to someone who has become known just by ripping of other people’s blog ideas :/ Wish it had been you TAPA!

6. Emilio says:

Sorry to hear that TAPA. I started following “that other blog” recently, and though I thought it was kind of funny, yours is much more interesting and insightful. And funnier too. Wish it would have been your blog that got adapted.

7. Travis says:

Wait…so when did nearly incomplete sentences beginning with the words “When” become a blog? I’m just starting out in blog land, and I generally tend not judge people for their own creations, but seriously? That’s a blog? Hrmmm OK, granted some of these are pretty funny, but where’s the beef? BTW, I love the overpriced film school link. You might as well add overrated talent pool to that description.

With love from film school,

8. Erin says:

I’ve followed this “other blog” for a little, and yours is much more interesting. We’ll how this actually ends up panning out though. I’m a girl…but I have to admit…this seems like a little bit a typecast to me.

9. That one dude says:

I believe the original TAPA had a rather unpleasant experience with Mr Savage, though he did not name him explicitly, it was obvious who it was.

Perhaps this was his lame attempt at revenge.

Lame.

10. Pingback: Why Are You Anonymous, Anonymous? | The Anonymous Production Assistant's Blog